Customer Service Standard - Regulation 429/07
11 Standards apply to all organizations who shall:
- Establish policies, practices and procedures re: good service to PWD
- Be consistent with core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity
- Ensure PWD can use OWN assistive devices
- Communicate in manner that takes disability into account
- Train staff, volunteers, contractors, etc.
- Allow people with disabilities to be accompanied by their guide dog or service animal
- Permit people with disabilities to bring a support person while accessing goods or services in public premises
- Provide advance notice on what admission fees would be charged for a support person of a PWD
- Provide notice when facilities or services that PWD rely on are temporarily disrupted
- Train staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people involved in developing your policies, practices and procedures on the provision of goods and services
- Establish a feedback process on how you provide goods or services to people with disabilities and how you will respond and take action to any feedback
Come back soon to read out first person experience of a PWD.